Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 14: Day 1

Letters- Jj

Numbers– 7
Across the sky and down from heaven.  That’s the way to make a seven!

Starfall:


Months of the year song:
Discuss how 3 months of the year (January, June, & July) all have the /j/ sound at the beginning

Math - Count the number of buttons or snaps on the child’s shirt as they get dressed

Writing Skills- We practiced writing 7's.  I make a worksheet from microsoft word with large 7's.  

Play-   Read- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

Ideas:
• Book of the Week Ideas:
Jump is a great /j/ word.
As you say the words, do actions.  Kids love to yell and shake their finger "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"
 5 monkey’s jumping on the bed coloring page


Posters letter–
J- Glue on pieces of old jigsaw puzzle pieces.

Art- Christmas tree page, decorate.
Art- Macaroni star
Place a few macaroni noodles in a zip-top plastic bag.  Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 4-5 drops of food coloring.  Mix to distribute the color.  Dye more macaroni in separate bags.  Open the top of the bag and let dry.  Using a star clip art, place a thin layer of glue on the paper.  Add the colored macaroni to create a colorful macaroni star.

 
Oops.  Elmer's glue isn't for eating.  Good thing it's non toxic
 


9 comments:

  1. Oh I love colored pastas! I miss ours. I used to own lots of it... but I have to leave it behind(we've been moving countries for 3 years already lol). You reminded me of making a new set! Wonderful post and lovely girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com)December 1, 2011 at 1:40 AM

    Super cute macaroni star!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thanks for linking up to BTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun week! Thanks for linking up with Brag Time Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We Can Do All ThingsDecember 1, 2011 at 9:33 PM

    Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute!!! There's a cool days of the week song on YouTube as well, made by KidsTV123 called "Days of Week Train". Stopping by from TGIF!

    ~Bekah @SonshineTotSchool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must try that star with my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by from the TGIF linky party. I love the star pasta idea! I could use this activity to teach my tot colors and shapes. I'm pinning it so I won't forget! I'm your newest follower on GFC!

    Lisa
    hppt://www.crisscrossapplesaucelearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete