Monday, February 20, 2012

Glowing fun


 How to make glow play dough


 
Glow Play-dough
Ingredients:
  • 2 c. flour
  • 2 c. water
  • 2 or 3 different neon paints
  • 2 tsp. cream of tartar (you can substitue 1/4 tsp of lemon juice or white vinegar for each 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar. Be aware if you use vinegar, the play-doh will have a vinegar smell)
  • 1/2 c. salt
  • 2 tsp. oil
 
Add all ingredients except paint to a bowl and stir together mixing well. Divide mixture up into 2 or 3 bowl (depending on how many colors you want to make).  Mix in neon paint into each bowl.  Use just enough paintto make the color vibrant.  Pour 1 bowl into sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly till it forms a ball. Place dough on a plate to cool. Cook remaining colors Store in zip-loc bag.  Shows up nicely under a black light. 
 
Play dough in the light.
 Play dough under the black light.  
 My little glowing artists.
 
 Cookie cutters are lots of fun with play dough’s, especially when you can make a starry scene that glows. 
 
 
We used our own play dough recipe, but got the glowing idea from http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/

Blogs where I've been featured with this post:

A++
Preschool Powol Packets

how do i make a gif


23 comments:

  1. That is very cool, but now I need a black light lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I just pinned this idea and will definitely try this with my kids!

    Lisa
    Criss-Cross Applesauce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla at Preschool Powol PacketsFebruary 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM

    Glowing playdough--so very awesome!! I'm pinning it and I'll share it on Facebook too! I'll definitely be doing it with my kids! Thank you so much for sharing it at Teach Me Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne @ Green Eggs and MomsFebruary 21, 2012 at 6:05 PM

    This IS absolutely cook!! My son will love this...and so will I! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids are grown and I still want to make that. :)


    Stopping by from the Tuesday Hops to say hello.
    Have a great day!

    POSH

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cool. My kids are older, but I think they will still love it! So glad I stopped by from Teach Me Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ReviewsSheROTE Pamela RFebruary 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

    My daughter wannts thisss nowwww!!!!!
    stopping by with vB

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic post. I make salt dough sculptures with my students so they will love this. Thanks so much for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. crazedinthekitchen.comFebruary 22, 2012 at 5:10 AM

    So cool!! I wish we had a black light--may have to go get one. I'm always looking for new playdoh ideas. Off to check out a few more of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the awesome idea! Can not wait to try your recipe out with my five year old!! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like so much fun! Wish my son were little so I had an excuse to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No way! That is soooo cool!

    Sharon
    http://sharon-moms-madhouse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can just see them taking their playdough to bed with them and making shapes under the covers while you thought they were sleeping :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So awesome...this one is definitely going on our to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what fun! Thanks for sharing at BTT! I'll be pinning this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a neat idea! TY for sharing at BTT! I'm pinning this for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charla @ Healthy Home BlogFebruary 25, 2012 at 9:23 PM

    That looks like so much fun! Following you from Ducks in a Row. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so awesome!!! Would like to invite you to share this with us at Sharing Saturday if you haven't already :)

    http://www.mamamiasheart2heart.com/2012/02/sharing-saturday-8.html

    Thanks so much,
    MiaB

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carla at Preschool Powol PacketsFebruary 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

    I just wanted to leave you a quick note so you know this post was featured today! It was one of the most clicked on links at last week's Teach Me Tuesday--congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com)March 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM

    This looks like soooooo much fun!!! What a great idea. I featured these at TGIF this week (http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2012/03/tgif-linky-party-19.html) Thanks for linking up & sharing your creativity with all of us!! As this is your second featured I have a special featured again button - if you are interested, email me at livinglifeintentionallyblog @gmail.com for the code =-) Looking forward to seeing what you link up this week!!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. [...] found a recipe on Watch Me Play and Learn for glowing play dough and couldn’t wait to try it [...]

    ReplyDelete