Saturday, November 12, 2011

Finger Paints

Finger Paint Recipe

3 T. Sugar
2 Cup cold water
½ cup Cornstarch
Dish detergent
Food coloring
Plastic cups
Saucepan

Mix the sugar and cornstarch together in the sauce pan.  The add the water and mix a little more until it’s all mixed.  Cook over medium heat, stirring all the time.  The mixture should start to boil, then thicken.

Remove from the stove, cool and pour into plastic cups.  Be careful with the food coloring since it can stain, but add a few drops to each cup and then a drop of detergent.  Stir and you’re done. 
Preparation time = 10 min.  Cool + 5-20 min.









This activity was a lot of fun.  I even decided to test my artistic abilities.  The cool thing about these paints is they are more like gel so it's a fun texture to play with.  
Store in a airtight container for future use.  

7 comments:

  1. We've made these before, but I forgot the soap. We both had red hands in the end...oops! I ended up putting it into a plastic baggie for him to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only ended up putting 1 or 2 drops of coloring in. So thankfully our hands are color free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Daly (Punksy)November 13, 2011 at 3:00 PM

    This looks like so much fun, I can't wait to try it with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do this when I taught preschool! The kids always love ANYTHING that makes a huge mess! HaHa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like lots of fun! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun. My favorite crafts/games are the ones where the kids help make them.:)
    Thanks so much for stopping by Everyday Gameplan. If you use the M and M game, I'd love to know how it works for you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like fun pinned it for later.

    ReplyDelete