Thursday, November 17, 2011

Snip Snip

Week 12: Day 2
Kids' Safety-Cut Scissors, 5"
 These 1st scissors are so wonderful.  They are perfect for little fingers. Featuring a unique lift-assist piece with a spring-like function that makes cutting easier for beginners. Perfect for use in preschool and kindergarten.  Best part is they are from the Dollar tree.  Only spent $1 on these.  Fluttershy can't get enough of cutting.  I started her with another pair a kid scissors but she couldn't get the muscles in her hand to do what she wanted.  With the spring opening it she's able to use these scissors with ease.
 We printed a worksheet to practice her skills even though she mostly just chopped it up.  Here is a great site to find these worksheets http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/miscellaneous/scissor_skills.htm
Eventually we'll get to cutting on the lines, but for now Fluttershy is just happy to get the scissors to cut.


8 comments:

  1. I am also a preschool teacher so this will be helpful My kids are teenagers now! I am following you now. Please follow me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son did Thanksgiving coloring sheets today alos :) New follower from MBC, have a great evening! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/
    Stop by when you get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with Brag Time Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These scissors look awesome. my little guy is always wanting to use my scissors, just too dangerous. I need to get some of these...I know he would just love to feel like a big boy with his own scissors. I'm your newest GFC follower...feel free to stop by my blog sometime :)

    http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. When our kids were little we used the same kind of scissors. They work so well.

    Thanks for joining us for the bloghop yesterday! I am now your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. following from the MBC!

    http://whybecauseimthemommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following and I am following back. Very cute girls.

    ReplyDelete