Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I know my number

We've been focusing a lot on learning our phone number.  
Activities we've done to help Fluttershy learn are:
  • Use flashcards with all the numbers mixed up and have them put them in order. (I used card stock and wrote them down and cut them up.
  • Phone etiquette-    Using practice phones, demonstrate how to answer the phone 
    Answer the phone by saying, “Hello, this is _____”
    Explain the importance of speaking clearing in the phone with a moderate volume
    Ask a relative or friend to call to give the child extra practice
  •  I have typed our phone number in large letters and hung it on the fridge and when she see's it she'll read it.  

We've had a lot of fun with this learning activity.  It's something that she  needs to know and I tried to make it fun to learn it. Using Daddy's phone I had her call me too.

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you I love your blog! This one in particular inspired me to do with Beck and within one day he had our phone number memorized and it's actually stuck with him! thanks for reminding me that he is capable of learning this kind of stuff. you have such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete