Saturday, November 19, 2011

More preschool! Really?

For those of you who read my blog you'll notice we do "preschool" 3 times a week.   These lesson are very short and are mostly are coloring and crafts.  Well, its Thursday and we did our 3 lessons on Monday-Wednesday.  Now that it's Thursday I didn't have anything planned.   Fluttershy insisted that we do preschool today so I decided to try out a site called Preschool Palace .  

I get some of my worksheets from them so today I decided to try out their preschool lessons.  They have them for free for the current month.  You can buy them for a year at a time.  If we decide we like them we may get them for next year.  We'll see.

Today's was fun.  I think I'll keep them for the extra days we need something to do.  Fluttershy really loves having the activities to do and the extra time with me.  Rarity tries to do everything that her big sister does.  I try to keep her involved letting her sit at the table with us and allowing her to to a simplified version of what ever Fluttershy is doing. 
Movement: Shape Twister
Draw shapes on index cards and lay them out on the floor.  Call out the shape and either hand or foot and have then do it.  We even tried Left and right and Fluttershy got it most of the time.  Rarity enjoyed just stepping on the cards. 
Sensory/Craft: Square block painting
Taking a cube explain that the sides of a cube are a square.  Let them dip the side in paint and make squares on construction paper. 



Our new find.  http://www.abcya.com/
I am so excited to find this.  A Free computer learning game that is little kid friendly, good graphics, and a good learning tool. They start at kindergarten level.  Surprisingly Fluttershy was able to do and enjoy more than half of the activities.  She's still learning how to use the mouse so I had to help her with a few games.  She knew the answers but didn't have the coordination to click on some of the littler things.  Her favorite of the day was Alphabet bingo.  

If you have kids 4 or 5 and up you've got to give this site a try.  So much fun.




We also looked at the Starfall.com calendar, talked about the weather, and had fun just playing.

5 comments:

  1. Great ideas, I'm going to try some with my kindergarteners. Just started following you through the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'll have to share this with my friend, who has a 4 year old in preschool... We homeschool, but my daughter is 10, so it's a bit different. :) Hi! New follower from the Sundae hop! I hope you'll stop by and follow back! Thanks :) Through the Eyes of a Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  3. SocialStudiesSoubretteNovember 21, 2011 at 3:22 AM

    Very cool websites! Little Bit loves the Elmo games on my iPad. I think he can use it better than my Mom. We have also started doing some preschool. It's mostly playing with stickers, coloring, play dough, and me making a fool of myself. He seems to like it though ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am here via the the Mingle Monday Blog Hop. I am you newest GFC follower stopping by from Couponing From Florida to Michigan. I would love a follow back.

    couponingfromfl2mi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool site! I haven't seen that one before. Gonna have to check it out w/ my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete