Friday, November 11, 2011

See how many you can make

A fun alphabet activity we did today was creating straight line characters.

Popsicle Stick A’s: get 3 popsicle sticks and show the child how to make a big A.  Either glue them together when you are done with the lesson or just attach some velcro so the child can create it over and over!  Remind the child that "A" is shaped like a triangle.  Show with popsicle sticks that a big A is shaped like a triangle! Create an "A" and say "A" and then move the stick down and say "triangle." 

We also made I, H, N, Y, X, T, and V.  I thought Fluttershy would need a bit of help with ideas of letters but she surprised me with coming up with her own and then making them.   She's caught on to a lot more than I realized.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog, it's nice to hear that someone can use an idea. You have some pretty good ideas and activities too! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venturing into homeschoolJanuary 22, 2012 at 4:51 AM

    I love this idea! I'm so impressed with how many of your activities are hands on and yet clean or easy to clean up. I will continue to look through your blog...thanks!

    ReplyDelete