Friday, November 25, 2011

Musical Squares


Fun with Squares

 Our ideas came from preschool palace.
Today we make brownies and are planning on cutting them into squares.  We cheated and used a Betty Crocker mix.  Sorry no yummy recipe this time. 

Fluttershy's picture is on the right and Rarity is on the left.  Surprisingly they don't look much different.  I was sure you'd see a difference between two years.  These are our square mosaic pictures.  When Fluttershy gets older I'm going to make a picture suggestion (like a house) and see what she comes up with.  Rarity was thrilled to stick all these sticky squares onto her paper.  

Musical Squares
We tweaked this came a bit for a smaller crowd.  It plays like musical chairs only we use colored squares.  We used our foam letter squares.  Instead of removing a square every time the music stopped I had them freeze.  It was a more of a get them up and move game.  Hopping around the circle like little bunnies. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my site. Sorry about the link..here is the correct one for the Scholastics =)
    http://teacher.scholastic.com/products/classmags.asp

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I am visting from Preschool Corner! This looks like a lot of fun! I too have a 4 year old and 2 year old and I agree, sometimes their "art projects" don't always look too different. I too love to let my boys cook with me! Such fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. following back from http://www.havesippywilltravel.com/ thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great square activities! Thanks for linking up to BTT!!

    ReplyDelete