Saturday, November 5, 2011

Gratitude

"We need to be more grateful. It's one of the marks of strong character, to have a feeling of thanksgiving and gratitude for blessings that are ours. We need more of that spirit in our homes, in our daily associations, in church, everywhere. It's so easy to cultivate the spirit of appreciation."


My hope is that through the month of November I can help my preschooler a I and become more aware of the things that we are grateful for.  There is so much to be grateful for and we often forget these simple pleasures in live.  The freedom we live with,  the safe neighborhoods our homes are in, or simple moments of playtime with our children.  The best way to get through hard times is to focus on the wonderful things we do have.


November is a great month to reflect on what we are most thankful for.  We will be doing activities all through this month.  Some things we can hang on the the fridge and some things my kids can play with.
Today we made a thankful book.   This printable book have off of  www.kinderplans.com.  I think we'll make another one this weekend we'll make on our own design.  It's a good way to start thinking of the things we are most grateful for. 



We used these Crayola Washable Paints. I love these paints.  They do wash out easily and they do come out of cloths. 
 Fluttershy's finger print turkey.  She was very cooperative.  Here's turned out nice looking.
 Rarities finger print turkey.  Her little finger was hard to make go where I wanted.  So her's is a silly turkey. 
After we were done I let them both go crazy and paint with their hands.  Messy, Messy, Messy.  Good thing the paint comes out. 

1 comment:

  1. I am also working on gratitude for my seven year old. It's so important these days! Thanks for a great post! Love the thankful book and the turkeys :)

    ReplyDelete