Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankgiving Tree

Week 12: Day 1

This week we will continue to cover:
Letter- Q, O
Read Book- All by myself
Talk about opposites.
Numbers- 0, 10
Correctly answering the phone.

 
Glue cheerios or fruit loops on the Oo Poster.
DIY lacing toys
These lacing toys are so simple to make.  I made the in only a few minutes minus getting them laminated.  

I just just used clip art from the Microsoft clip art website. There are a lot of other sites of the web that offer free clip art.  Find some cute ones you like, print, laminate (use the thickest kind you can have done),  and punch holes.  Instant lacing toys.  A very inexpensive way to make your own toys for your kiddos.   Use yarn or shoe lace strings to lace.  We were fortunate that my husband had just recently bought shoes that came with a second set of laces so I used those.  They turned out really cute.  

I was thinking you could also make lacing toys that could go with what ever theme you are doing.  You could do some of the alphabet or numbers or animals.  I've been thinking about doing farm animals.  The kids would like those.  Great for preschool and for a nice quiet activity for church. 
Going along with the Thanksgiving theme month we made this Thanksgiving tree out of my kiddos hand prints. 

Fluttershy's thankful for list in her words: Blue berry (her stuffed animal monkey), My dog, Dad, Sugar glider "Penny", and snow. 

Rarity's list:  Fruit loops (she held up her fruit loops when I asked her), Puppa (our dog), and her blankie.
My thankful for list would include: My hard working husband, my kids, family, and freedom.

11 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower, following you back from Angela's Favorite Things! Thanks for following me! I love that you're this hands on with your kids! I hope to be the same when we're able to have children!

    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow! I'm now following you back. I'm actually super excited that you found me as I've just started homeschooling my boys! You're ideas will for sure help me out a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of fun together. Thanks for joining me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the Tree! What a great way to show what you're thankful for! I love making toys for my son. I'll make sure to keep these in mind for when he's a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SocialStudiesSoubretteNovember 17, 2011 at 2:50 AM

    I love the DIY lacing toys! That is so awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!!!

    Following from the blog hop:)

    http://opalstevens.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. MSRheinlander @KUWTRNovember 17, 2011 at 4:10 PM

    Cool crafts : )
    Thanks for linking up with TFC!!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun projects! Too Cute :)

    Thanks for linking up with us at the Cafe Blog Hop today.

    I'm here to follow you back.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so many fun projects! that's so great, perfect for a toddler/preschooler. My son who is too young for scissors but some of those other activities he might enjoy! I'm a new follower, take care.

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com
    www.thebusybeefamileee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Veronica These are some great activities for little hands. Found your blog on mbc and I'm following. Hope you'll pop by and follow along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing and linking up with us at Brag Time Thursday!

    ReplyDelete