Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ever flowing goo

 Science Experiment:
Oozed for over 5 minutes
This was so much fun.  It's like the baking soda and vinegar experiment, but soooo much better.  I was impressed that it continued to ooze for over 5 minutes.  Next time I need to make the girls a volcano and use red food coloring to make it look like lava.


 You'll need:
2 Tablespoons warm water
1 teaspoon yeast
1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
4-5 drops food coloring
squirt of dish soap
 
 First mix the warm water and yeast in a small bowl .  Set aside

Next pour hydrogen peroxide, food coloring, and a good squirt of dish soap in the bottle.  Set bottle on a cookie sheet.

Stir the yeast mixture up till it's mixed well and pour into the bottle.

Watch the mixture slowly ooze up and out of the bottle.  The neat thing is it continues for over 5 minutes.
Photobucket Really neat experiment that we'll be doing again tonight for my husband who was disappointed we didn't wait for him.  I just didn't know it was so neat or I would have waited for him. We got this idea from http://preschoolpowolpackets.blogspot.com/.

22 comments:

  1. On my to do list - messy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara - BePreparedPeriod.comMarch 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM

    How fun! Love that it lasts so long. You have adorable girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ReviewsSheROTE Pamela RMarch 14, 2012 at 8:31 PM

    HOW FUN!!!!! Love her face waiting for it to come over =)

    poping in with vB M2R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love the excitement that kids generate! I also love anything that oozes! Seems like a really fun experiment! So cool I shared it on G+!

    ReplyDelete
  5. crazedinthekitchen.comMarch 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM

    That looks like fun! And I think I already have all the ingredients around the house. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - bravo momma - I would have waited for my husband :)

    Looks like everyone had a ball! Fun experiment - lava idea is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like such fun! I remember making a volcano for Science class...the best time ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice. I want to try it. But where do you get hydrogen peroxide from

    ReplyDelete
  9. Addicted to RecipesMarch 15, 2012 at 4:36 AM

    My son just did this at preschool as part of their "Dinosaurs" chapter. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kids were so amazed! how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hydrogen peroxide is at any store like a walmart in the Pharmacy area. It's really inexpensive and is usually found by the alcohol and other antiseptics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun experiment. I Stumbled and +1 this post. I also grabbed your button.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne @ Green Eggs and MomsMarch 16, 2012 at 6:40 AM

    This is such an awesome activity which my 5 year old would love!!! :) Bookmarking it now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie's World of BooksMarch 16, 2012 at 6:47 AM

    Ohhh, will have to try this. My daughter loves the vinegar/baking soda experiment but it's over so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not Your Ordinary AgentMarch 17, 2012 at 3:07 AM

    Can i point out how much i love your girls pigtails!!!? so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla at Preschool Powol PacketsMarch 18, 2012 at 2:54 AM

    Your girls are adorable! It looks like they had so much fun! Thanks for the shout out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carrie - young living oil ladyMarch 18, 2012 at 3:31 AM

    I love this! What a terrific experiment. My boys will be so excited to do this! Would love for you to share it with us at Kids in the Kitchen linky.http://younglivingoillady.com/home/kids-in-the-kitchen-link-up-week-5/
    We want kids helping momma in the kitchen and this would be a great experiment for them to do. Thanks! Can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cool, these are great memories for you and her.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just pinned this and plan to do it. I'll link back. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. that looks fun! Pinning this, will be a great experiment for our science co-op, thanks for sharring at BTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun!! It looks great. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will share again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like fun, I will try this with my younger son, he has done similar experiments. I am following you from VB please follow back.

    ReplyDelete