Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Letter F Hunt

 Scavenger Hunt for the letter F.  Plus more letter F fun.

For our letter F activity day here are a few of the things we did today:

Make Letter F using forks
Since Fluttershy knows her letters so well I gave her the forks and asked her to make the letter F which she quickly did.  Rarity needed a little help but caught on quickly.





Gather 2 different pairs of shoes and place them in front of you.
Hold up the shoes that are alike and tell your child that they are the same.
Take a shoe from each pair and explain to your child that while they are both shoes that they are different.
I had my kids hunt out two items that are the same in the house and two items that are different.

 
Letter F Hunt
Write the letter F (capital and lowercase) on a piece of paper and tape it to your child's shirt.
Give your child a magnifying glass and tell him or her that he or she is now a letter F detective.
Explain that his or her mission is to hunt through the house and find all the letter F's.
Tell your child to look in books, on signs, posters, and other places where there are words.
 As you can see this was their favorite activity of the day.  After the first find they were hooked. 


 



Colored a F coloring page.


Watched Starfall’s letter F video.



Watched these two short Sesame Street videos about the letter F.  



Watch this short interesting video about tadpoles.

7 comments:

  1. By Word of Mouth MusingsJanuary 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM

    Nothing gets my youngest more excited than a scavenger hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you via the blog hop & you can find me at http://blueberrysquash.blogspot.com

    I LOVE this idea!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea, i'll do this with my daughter.

    Feel free to link up with my WW.

    Ces of http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you put the letter "f" and "F" on them. So fun!

    http://theapels.blogspot.com/2012/01/ww-couch-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea that scavenger hunt is. I will have to add that to our letter of the week lessons this coming fall. And I love the fork F's, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for teaching letter recognition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. What a Fun way to teach letters.

    http://thrivingdespiteus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete