Thursday, January 19, 2012

Playing in the dark

What do you do when the power goes out?
Here's how we turned a boring night
into extraordinary night. 

The crazy weather last night caused us a 7 hour power outage last night.  The kiddos didn't care though.  It was a party for them.  They each got a flashlight and several glow bracelets.  What could have been a bummer night, turned out to be one of our funnest.  They didn't want to go to bed even though I let them stay up 1 hr past their bedtime so we could play.


 Snack by flashlight.  
Who knew that eating with a flashlight could be so fun.
It was exciting.

 For the first time we discovered shadows puppets.
 I saved the best for last,  reading with a flashlight by the fire.  Very cool.  My girls were enjoying every bit of last night.  So what do you do when the power goes off?


6 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun night! This makes me want to turn off all the lights and just have fun in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun!

    Thanks for stopping by Reading Confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy Cameron | Raising the Cameron ClanJanuary 20, 2012 at 4:56 AM

    What fun! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you now that I have given you the Versatile Blogger Award.

    http://www.twomischievousmonkeys.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award-i-was-very.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill @ A Mom With A Lesson PlanJanuary 20, 2012 at 3:39 PM

    Looks like us last night! Our power was out for almost 24 hours. We did not have glow sticks though, I think I'll buy a bunch to have next to the flashlights for the next time!

    ReplyDelete