Friday, April 6, 2012

Easy to make marshmallow eggs

How to make super easy marshmallow eggs



These marshmallow eggs have been a tradition to make for several years.  The best part is they are super simple to make and only takes 1/2 hour to make.  You can also dip them in chocolate to have chocolate marshmallow eggs.  

Ingredients:
2 packets of Knox Unflavored Gelletin
6 Tbsp Cold Water
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup sugar
Food coloring (optional)
1 tsp flavoring (optional) 
Flour

Step 1:
First you'll take (2) 9x13 pans and fill with flour.  Enough that a plastic egg can make a imprint half it's height.   Take your plastic egg and press into the flour, making a imprint for the marshmallow mixture to form in.  Place the pans aside ready to pour into.
 

 Step 2:
In a small bowl mix 2 packets of Know gelatin and 6 Tbsp cold water.  Set aside.
 Step 3:
Mix 1/2 cup water and 1 1/2 cup sugar.  Bring to a boil to make a syrup mixture and remove from heat.  Mix syrup mix and gelatin.  Mix well.  Add food coloring and 1 tsp flavoring. (we used orange)
 Step 4:
Using a mixer, beat the mixture for 10-15 minutes till is fluffy and lightens in color.  (The picture above is what the finished product looks like before you pour into molds. )

Step 5:
Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour into flour mold. 


 Step 6:
Sprinkle some flour over the top of the marshmallows to prevent them from being sticky.  Let cool 1 hour.  Once they have cooled dip them out of the flour and brush off the flour.  


They are yummy to eat just like this, but you may also dip them in dipping chocolate for a fancier treat.  This recipe makes 36 eggs.

29 comments:

  1. You made this look super easy! My daughter will love making these, thanks for the share. I'm giddy just thinking about it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful and they do sound easy to make!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little recipe! Are the eggs flat on one side? DO you put to halves together? Have a Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have everything on hand to make these. The kids will love them! Great idea! I just popped over from the Friday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They flat on the one side. i have just dipped them this way or I suppose you could put two together the make a whole egg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Savannah Cooper-HughesApril 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM

    That looks so good! I can't wait till my daughter is old enough for baking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look so yummy! I think I'll try them out tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool are those?! I'm definitely going to have to try making those! :) Thanks for sharing!




    Easter Eggs-citement

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recipe! I think I would rather make these than hardboiled!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does seem easy actually! When I saw your first photo, I thought no way can I pull that off. I think I can do it...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like fun! We're going to have to try this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I have never seen these before! I am going to investigate and see if there is a way I can make these vegan. Thanks for sharing on the Kid's Weekly Co-op!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! I love how many creative moms there are out there! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look really cool! Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is awesome! I had no idea these could be made from scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly at Little Wonders' DaysApril 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM

    Oh my goodness, this is so cool! I've made marshmallows before, but never thought about molding them. Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Raising a Happy ChildApril 9, 2012 at 11:44 PM

    How interesting - this is the first time I see this recipe, and it looks almost magical. Thanks for sharing with Afterschool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yum! I'm going to pin this asap!

    Thanks for joining Flock Together this week. I am your happy GFC andLF follower. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this project!

    Stopping by from the Tuesday Train ...

    Brooke
    http://blueberrysquash.blogspot.com
    http://cupcakecucumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is great!! :)

    jackie
    http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. how fun!!! I never made anything like this...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great project. We'll have to try this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kelli Becton-AdventurezInChildRearingApril 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM

    Thanks for linking your cute eggs to Kids in the Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Our kids will have a blast making these! Thanks for the great idea! We loved having you join our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  25. They sound like a lot of fun! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Our Delightful HomeApril 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM

    This is such a clever idea. Thanks for sharing.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cool!!! Will have to try this next Easter!!!

    Thanks for sharing with the Afterschool Blog Hop =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Carla at Preschool Powol PacketsApril 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

    That is so cool! I bet you could use the flour to make quite a few other molds too! I'm going to pin this! Thanks for sharing it at Teach Me Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this! I'd like to invite you to link up on Saturday Spotlight @ Angels Homestead tomorrow. I'll be featuring Easter treats and crafts soon, and would love to include this in the collection.

    http://angelshomestead.com/

    Hope to see you there :)

    April

    ReplyDelete