Sunday, January 29, 2012

My book of colors

 
My book of colors

My girls love having little books to carry around especially Rarity.  Since she doesn’t know her colors yet I thought we’d make her a color book. 

You need:
2- 5”X5” colored cardstock
8- 5”X5” white cardstock.
8 paint color samples.
Ribbon to tie for binding

We took our cardstock with the colored pages on the outside and tied ribbons on for their binding.  Next, I had the girls cut the color paint samples and put them in the order they wanted.
Next we used packaging tape to past them on the pages and I’d write the name of the color on each page.  So simple and the girls love them. 

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love making books for J...I'll have to keep this one in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and simple! I bet my boys would love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I wish I had thought of it when my kids were still learning their colors. Using the paint samples is a great idea! Thanks for joining the Afterschool Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete