Monday, January 30, 2012

Making a oil and water bottle


These neat little bottles I saw on science-at-home  and thought the girls would love to make them. (sorry for lack of pictures)  These were among the lost pictures.  It's too bad too because they had so much fun making them.  

 1. Fill an empty bottle to 3/4 full with water.

 2. Fill up most of the rest of the space with baby oil.

 3. Add a little bit of food color.

 4. We added bits of foam paper we cut up into triangles, glitter, sequins, and a couple of sail boat erasers.

 5. I put in about 4 teaspoons of glycerin to slow the water and oil mixing (optional)

6. Use a glue gun to glue the lid on and let the kids go.

4 comments:

  1. These are so cool! When my daughter is just a little bit older, I really wanna make one. Lol,I could sit and watch it for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is always a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great directions for making oil and water bottles! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cool. Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness.

    ReplyDelete