Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Edible play dough: Cookie variety

 



  2 in 1 activity: Making play dough 
using a cookie mix.



Looking through the cupboard I discovered a cookie mix from Halloween that we hadn't used.  I though this would be a fun way to make a new kind of edible play dough.  


For 1st activity: (Play dough)

We used: 1 sugar cookie dough mix
1 cube of butter
water
 
 1- Mix cookie dough mix and  cube of butter.
 2- Divide the mix into two, setting 1/2 half of the 
mix into another bowl for later.
3- Add just enough water to make the the 
right consistency for play dough.
4- Have lots of fun playing with the play dough and eating it.

   
2nd Activity:  (Cookies)

Need: 
1 egg

1- Take the remainder dough that was set aside and add egg and mix up.
2- Bake as per directions on package
3- Frost and enjoy.

With the Pillsbury mix we used we were able to bake 1 dozen cookies with the half of the dough that was saved from when we were making the play dough.

14 comments:

  1. Jill@babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, Oh My!January 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM

    First...your daughters are BEAUTIFUL!! and I LOVE their expressions! super super cute! Also what a great and fun activity! hands on and so much fun! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perspective ParentingJanuary 18, 2012 at 4:13 AM

    Ummm...can I say BRILLIANT?? I'm definitely trying this! Playing with a delicious reward at the end. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pictures. I'm going to try this with my grandaughters!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls looked soooo happy playing and being messy :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their so cute, I wish the playdough we had would have been edible, it didn't stop me from eatin it of course. I guess that's better than the girl who sat next to me in my first grade class, who ate glue. Now they just need to come out with edible glue.

    Anyway, my name is Sarah, I just found your amazing blog at Get Wired Weds. You have some awesome projects here. I don't have kids yet, but I would do these projects just for myself for fun. I've really enjoyed my visit.

    I'm following via GFC and Twitter. Feel free to stop by and follow back if you'd like.

    Thanks:)

    http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. kids having fun plus a yummy treat awaits them. just lovely! :)

    visiting from WW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like lots of fun was had by all!!'

    yummy looking cookies too!

    Found you through a Blog Hop !!
    I’m following you now, and hope you’ll stop by and visit our blog sometime too!
    http://beourbest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning, visiting from blog hop. Following via GFC- Naddez. Please follow my blog at http://naddezsgoodycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great helpers:) They really like it..

    Visiting for WW! Hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/01/wordless-wednesday-my-girl-and-minnie-mouse.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. judging by those smiles, they had a blast! thanks for linking this up last week!

    andie @ crayonfreckles

    ReplyDelete
  11. just wanted to let you know that i will be featuring this at tuesday's party!

    andie @ crayonfreckles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brooke @ Let Kids CreateJanuary 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

    What a fabulous idea! My girls would love to be able to eat their dough and later bake it and frost. Looks like an afternoon of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete