Friday, January 27, 2012

Sorting

Sorting Pasta
Here is one of the easiest sorting activities you can easily make. For those of us on a tight budget this a nice activity.  I purchased 4 types of pasta $.88 a bag at the grocery store and dyed each type 4 different colors.  This way I can have my kids sort in a few different ways.  
  • By color
  • By pasta type 
 To dye your pastas:
Use 1 Tbsp of vinegar with several drops of food coloring.  I put mine in a zip lock baggy so I can put the pasta in with it and just shake it.  The kids love this part. 


6 comments:

  1. Sarah @ Spoon Fed BabyJanuary 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM

    I like the idea of using the appeizer dish as a sorting tray! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great activity for preschoolers. My little girl has alway loved sorting activities. I also love that it is inexpensive to make and do. I would love if you shared this post on my linky party. I am looking for activities that are fun, inexpensive, and kid-friendly. You can find the link party here http://funfrugalmommy.blogspot.com/2012/01/fun-frugal-friday-linky-party_26.html

    Feel free to link up older posts as well I see you have lots of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally,a use for my Tupperware veggie holder! What a great idea to use it for sorting! (And I love the idea of sorting dif. pasta, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow.
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com
    I am now following you back. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I have dyed rice, but not pasta...yet! Love that they can sort these by color or shape! Great idea! I will be checking our your light table activities too, as I just made one, that I play to start using soon. Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sierra @ H is for HomeschoolingJanuary 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM

    This is wonderful! I am a new follower :) And I would love for you to share it at What's on the Tray Wednesday!

    http://his4homeschooling.blogspot.com/2012/01/whats-on-tray-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete