Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Stain Glass Art


Let your kids decorate their rooms with their own art.  These look very cool and every one you make is unique.



Supplies you need: 

Frame (from a $1 store)

Elmer's clear school glue

Bead, Jewels, or Clear Stones.



Step 1:

Use a glue gun to seal the glass around the perimeter of the frame (Not shown)

 

Step 2:

Let your kiddo squeeze all the glue they want onto the glass.

Enough so that the beads will stick.





While her sister did her project I gave Rarity a couple of bowls for her to sort the beads.



Step 4:

Let your kiddo arrange the beads, jewels or what ever you chose on the glass.




 Step 5:

Let it dry for a couple of days till its dry.

 

Display in a window or on a wall.  I plan on attaching a suction cup to it so I can hand it higher.


Inspiration for today's project came from:

12 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, and a piece of art that would be really cute in their own room!

    Brittney
    www.moms-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness..these ideas are wonderful...all fun for all kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika @ My Road to SavingsJanuary 12, 2012 at 4:02 AM

    This looks like soooo much fun! I love all the fun things you have on your site. I am your newest follower from the Thursday Blog Hop and I can't wait to see what other fun ideas you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I am going to have my girls do this to decorate their room after we move! Thanks for sharing and linking up with Brag Time Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! great idea! Thanks for sharing at BTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Side of the MountainJanuary 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM

    Oh, how cute! Love how simple and pretty these are! Stopping by from Brag Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good post
    new follower of ur blog
    now follow my blog
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! How fun. My daughter will LOVE this project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool idea! And so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going to save this one for later too! My daughter would love this. I'll let her pick out her own beads too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this project! I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. [...] last one I have for you is a bit different in that watch me plan and learn uses beads and other shiny materials to make stained glass without using any tissue paper or colored [...]

    ReplyDelete