Sunday, March 4, 2012

What's a glog?

I am so excited to share with you my new found hobby.  I had never heard of Glogster until just recently and wanted to share with you a wonderful resource that could benefit any homeschooling family.  And to share my very 1st Glog I made.  So what is Glogster?






"Glogster is a social network that allows users to create free interactive posters, or glogs. A glog, short for graphical blog, is an interactive multimedia image. It looks like a poster, but readers can interact with the content.

Glogster provides an environment to design interactive posters. The user inserts text, images, photos, audio (MP3), videos, special effects and other elements into their glogs to generate a multimedia online creation."  (Source site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glogster.)

I find it especially fun to create a interactive poster to use with my 4 year old who loves the computer and preschool.  I've started creating Glogs that are easy for her to use.  I'll pick a subject I think she'll enjoy and find activities, videos, songs, lessons, and interactive games that she'd have fun doing and include images with a click able link to each fun activity.  

If you click on an image you'll be taken to a link of a activity.   


Here is a link to this glog: Jelly fish. Your welcome to check out my other glogs from this link as well.  Just click "all glogs" toward the top of the page.

It's a fun way for me to create fun preschool lessons for her and make them into a format that is easy to use and fun for her.  I like how I can collect all my activities into one location too.

Most Glogs I've seen have a lot more text in theirs then I do.  My goal is to make mine easy and visually fun for her.  Get it on her level.  Fluttershy can't get enough "preschool" lately so I've had to get really creative.  This is one way I have found that has excited her.  As I create more I'd love to share them with you and your kids.  

Today's Glog was a collection of Pre-K activities from http://www.pbs.org/teachers/ that covered these areas of study as well as a national geographic kids video : 
  • The Arts
  • Health & Fitness
  • Math
  • Reading & Language Arts
  • Science & Tech
  • Social Studies

For those who already know and love this site, I'd love to see your creations as well.  Please share your link in the comment box.

4 comments:

  1. Cuuuuute! I really like Glogster and have never thought to use it like that! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just signed up for my very own Glogster. Can't wait to get started. Thanks so much.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this. Thankds for linkin gup to After School.

    ReplyDelete