Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

 
Happy St. Patricks Day!

 Holiday’s are great!  I love a excuse to have some extra fun.We’ve done lots of St. Patrick’s Day themes activities.  Starting with this fun activity we've done once before but not with a color theme.  

Start with a water, dish soap, and paint combination in a tub.  Provide straws to the kids and let them go.   
 Now take some white paper and lay on the bubbles transferring a fun design.  As the bubbles pop they leave this neat paper.
 After our bubble fun and trying to keep the kids from playing in the bubble solution with their hands (I would have let them, but I wasn't sure if the paint I used would come off their cloths) I make a fun green water sink for them to play and get messy. Oh, and did they get wet.  I just let them go and just whipped up when they were done.  A change of shirts and we were ready to go to the next activity.

I use the bath fizzed you buy for the tub so the color didn't have any staining on their cloths or hands. 

 Next we did a fun St. Patrick's Day activity pack we found at http://www.overthebigmoon.com/st-patricks-day-pre-k-pack/

 Rainbow Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  

We used a white cake mix we found at:
And the cream cheese frosting was found at:

 Divide the batter into 4 bowls and color them to get this effect.  We also lightly colored the frosting green. 
 Then there is Daisy.  Who begged me to dress up in green as well.  







3 comments:

  1. Carrie - young living oil ladyMarch 20, 2012 at 4:15 PM

    Such cute kids! Thanks for linking with us at Kids in the Kitchen! I love how you even included your dog :) Can't wait to see what you share with us each week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli Becton-AdventurezInChild'RearingMarch 22, 2012 at 6:03 AM

    Oh what a fun time they had celebrating St Patrick's Day! I love the bubble idea too- I bet my boys would enjoy making those rainbow cupcakes! Thanks for sharing with us at Kids in the Kitchen ;) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful girls you have there. Love the colorful cup cakes

    ReplyDelete