Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Treasure hunt ice

 Treasure Hunt Ice


 My girls didn't see me swipe their toys for this activity so it was a surprise.  I froze these colored water cubes with several their toys.
 We tried a couple of ways to melt them.  First rock salt.  I'm sure that would have been a wonderful choice except we were too impatient.  So the second choice was the blow dryer.  This would have been a awesome activity in the hot summer. (We'll try this one again.)  
   One by one their toys emerged and they were so excited.  Next of course came the water play.
 For a hands on activity I think it was a winner.  Both girls had fun.

8 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Sinea and you were one of the hoppers on last week's Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop on my site, Ducks 'n a Row. Guess what? You are the FEATURED site on this week's hop! Please come on by and check it out! :)
    www.ducksnarow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! Thanks so much for the wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

    So glad to have found you on the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super neat idea, I remember doing something similar with my preschool students one summer. Visiting from the Share it Friday hop.

    http://www.scatteredmusings.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks too cool!! haha :) Would love it if you shared this with us at Sharing Saturday here...

    http://www.mamamiasheart2heart.com/2012/03/sharing-saturday-9.html

    Thanks and have a great weekend,
    ~MiaB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks cold, but lots of fun! Thanks for sharing at BTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sierra @ H is for HomeschoolingMarch 7, 2012 at 4:10 AM

    This is such a fun idea! I have seen this in a couple different places but haven't done it yet. You know, we actually don't own a hair dryer, so this might take a lot longer for Boogie. Thanks for linking up to WOTT!

    ReplyDelete