Sunday, February 5, 2012

Great green gobs of green goop



All the more fun you can have when it's messy



Today was a fun preschool day.  Rarity worked on the letter of the week activities found on 1plus1plus1equals,  while Fluttershy worked on Head of the Class activities.  After the worksheets were done, the real fun began.







Invitation:  Offer the girls their own tray of cornstarch, colored water, and spoons.  Watch the fun emerge.




 Starts out harmless.  Just stirring the cornstarch around.



 Now the fun begins.  Using spoons and syringe to add colored water.







 Starting to get really goopy and harder to stir.





 So what do you do if it gets too hard to stir?  Use your hands of course.





 We experimented with  painting with it, but discovered the water

content just went right through the paper.





 Fluttershy looks like she's been eating it.  (I assure you she hasn't)


 I added some more colors in it to see the neat swirls it made.




 Can you say messy?  It's about the messiest activity we've done thus far.  Was it worth it?  You bet.  They didn't want to stop. 


Just look at that mess.

8 comments:

  1. Michelle @ Layers of LearningFebruary 6, 2012 at 12:13 AM

    You are one brave mama! That does look messy, but you're right making non-Newtonian fluids is always worth it.

    Visiting you from the Science Sunday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe. Some. Love it! Stopping by from After School. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather @ Raising Memories BlogFebruary 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM

    Oh my goodness, my kids would LOVE this! :) Thanks for sharing at my blog! :)
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've done goop before, but I've never actually let them add the water, I've always been the one who did that. I like this variation.

    Thanks for linking up to Science Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very, very brave. I just can't bring myself to do messy projects. Coming by from Hop Along Friday and following GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Goodness! That looks like fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never. No. What a mess. Not on purpose. They had a great time though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little Wonders' DaysFebruary 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM

    This looks like a fun activity. My kids would love the sensory aspect of it. Thanks for linking up to AfterSchool!

    ReplyDelete