Friday, February 3, 2012

Messy art: the best kind

 Just about every kind of art you do with a 2 year old ends up being messy art.  This activity was no exception.  Look at those arms.  You'd think i instructed her to do a self painting.  We should have used washable paint for this activity.  It washes off of skin with a little scrubbing, but I think our painting smock is forever branded. 

Messy activities are a lot of fun.  Even when the clean up time lasts longer than the actual project took.  I keep on doing these activities because these are the activities that my girls have the most fun doing.  I can't wait for summer for an the ultimate in messy play activities can be done. 

1 comment:

  1. Yup. I've got some photos just like that with some of my kids when they were that age, too. Also with red paint. What's with red paint? Looks too inviting, I guess.

    Messes aside, your kids are so lucky they have a Mom who is willing to encourage exploration and creativity. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete