Thursday, February 23, 2012

Easy to make strawberry ice cream




How to make the easiest Strawberry ice cream

I received a 1 1/2 electric ice cream maker for my birthday and have really enjoyed making fresh ice cream.  Skimming through forums on the internet I came upon this amazing recipe that I'm now hooked on.  The best part is it's low fat and still delicious. Another wonderful thing about it is it has only 3 ingredients.

2 cups crushed strawberries
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sugar

Mix up well and freeze  in a 1 1/2 qt ice cream freezer.  At first I was leery to try this recipe because I'm not a big fan of buttermilk, don't let that get in your way.  It is fabulous.  

6 comments:

  1. Diana - FreeStyleMamaFebruary 24, 2012 at 4:02 AM

    Great recipe! I am pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found you, there's great ideas here!!

    http://jessicakenenske.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't get any easier than 3 ingredients and a freezer. Saving this. Want to try it. Is there an alternative to using sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would imagine you could substitute honey, agave nectar, or stevia just fine. Just sweeten to taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait until its warm to try this. We loved having you link up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to have you back again soon!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete