Thursday, February 16, 2012

Winter wonderwhat?

What is the world happened?
We woke up to a fluffy winter storm this morning. We gained 3-4 inches of snow.  Since the girls have been begging to go sledding for the last 2 month and since this has been our only real snow for while i thought it was a great idea.  I pulled the girls around on the sled for as long as I had the energy for.  We next made this rather fabulous snow man.  Don't you think?  It even had a celery smile.   It was seriously cold outside, but it was a lot of fun. I'm glad I jumped on this activity before we had lunch and naps because.......
 
 after nap, 2 hours later, they woke to find this.  What in the world happened to our snow?  Poor snowman didn't even have a chance.  You can see Daisy our dog eating the poor snowman's celery smile and carrot nose.  I guess that's why our snowman had such a sad look on his face.  He knew what was coming. 

 Look at Rarity.  She just can't figure out what happened to her snowman.  She kept saying "snowman broke,  fix it pease."  I can't believe it was gone in only 2 hours.  That's crazy.  Glad I didn't put off our snow activity until after lunch. 

3 comments:

  1. It has seriously been a weird winter this year. I'm sure poor old Frosty is practically bi-polar by now with all the weather changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! What in the world did happen? That must be so difficult for a young child to understand what the heck happened to her snowman! Maybe you could set out an ice cube and show her how it melts? It won't bring Frosty back, but at least it's an explanation.

    Happy seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ice cube idea. My poor little 2 year old was so confused.

    ReplyDelete