Sunday, February 12, 2012

Misc day: following what they want to do

 This is what we did all day

Today we didn't have any plans so I let Fluttershy lead the day.  We bounced from activity to activity with really no direction, but she was happy and Rarity was happy with the activities chosen for the day.  We started off with our counting bear, which I neglected to take pictures of, followed by coloring fairy pictures with Crayola's color wonder markers.  It's always a favorite. 



 A lot of our activities were previously done in weeks past.  I try to keep them on our activity shelves and use them again, saving me both time and energy.  I love trying new things with the girls, but having a repeat is no big deal. Their next activity was our Cool-Aid play dough, cherry flavored.  Still smells yummy, though not quite at scented as it was several weeks ago.  Fluttershy acted for cookie cutters and I was glad to bring them out. 



 Our glitter experiment bottles was next inline.  It's amazing how often they come back to these.  It's neat to watch the glitter in their different substances.



 Here we have our couch potatoes watching blue's clues on the TV.  I don't let too much TV watching happen in our house that isn't purely educational.  It's alright on occasion especially when I need to get something finished like dinner.  
All this occurred before lunch and nap.  Fluttershy finished off her play with Reading eggs, ABCYa, and a few other learning websites.  Busy little girls bouncing from one activity to the next.  On a normal day I try to have something planned as a guide.  I try to have it only as a guide and not a rigid plan.  What's the fun of "having to" do something? I'd rather go where our interests take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment