Monday, June 11, 2012

Sensory salts


Sensory salt



One of the easiest sensory activities you can do it epson salt.  You can leave it white or easily color it using a sandwich baggy and food coloring.  Could be half the fun of the activity.  My girls enjoyed the coloring part. This activity reminds me of an Easter egg.  Didn't mean to make it that way.  I just thought we'd try a few colors together.


One of the best things you can do with the salts and light table is to write in it.  For a preschooler this is a nice way to introduce or practice their letters and numbers.  With the light table they show so well.


Mentioned by:
Living Montessori Now

7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic light box activity! Looks like your kids loved it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this ... salt trays are great, and this is even better! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. (If you could add the Montessori Monday button or link back, that would be awesome!) I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and pinned it to my Light Box Ideas and Activities Pinterest board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/light-box-ideas-and-activities/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, and I love the concept of your blog showcasing all of these activities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really neat light box activity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really looks like a lot of fun! I love the idea of practicing letters in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! I loved this sensory bin idea! Thanks for sharing this great post on Saturday Show & Tell @ Cheerios and Lattes last week! :) Hope to see you again this weekend! :)
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing the excitement in the eyes of your children when you share pictures!

    Thanks for joining Flock Together on 6/12. The blog is officially off vacation and will be open on 7/2 at 6:00 PM EST. Hope you'll link up.

    ReplyDelete