Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ice Paint

How to Ice Paint




Today's activity was great.  The temperature outside was 85 but the sun made it feel so much hotter.  Last night I made these up by coloring small bowls of water with food coloring.  I added quite a bit of coloring to make sure they would color paper.  I then added popsicle sticks so they would have something to hold on to. 



The temperature was right for melting the ice.  As the ice melted, each painting took less and less time to make. 



Once they had had enough of the painting business we headed over to the water table to see if ice floats.  Sure enough it did making little floating boats for them to play with.  Rarity couldn't resist herself and had a few licks of the colored ice.  She had a really blue tongue once we were done playing.  



And here is a couple of our finished pieces.  When we first stared out as they rubbed the ice on the paper, the texture of the cement colored.  It looked neat.


12 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome idea! I have to do this with my kids now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure looks like a great way to help cool off on a hot summer day! Thank you so much for coming by and linking up on my new blog hop. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I think we will definitely do this one.
    Jennifer
    http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how you made it so the kids did not touch the ice. I know my little boy would not care to hang on to a block of ice. Anyway, found you on the blog hop- great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this today. My little ones loved it! Thank you for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is such a cute idea. My kids would love this idea!
    New follower from blog hop. Cant wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Love this idea for my forth party!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. [...] for creative mommies!!! This Monday’s spotlight goes to Watch Me Play And Learn for her amazing post on ice [...]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, my 2 year old did touch the ice and her hands turned colors. My 4 year old listened much better and didn't color her hands.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome!! I've seen lots of ice-painting, but the little handles are a brilliant addition! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fabulous way to kill a sunny afternoon. The kids look like they are having so much fun! A very innovative method indeed. Definitely worth a try.

    ReplyDelete