Monday, September 3, 2012

Rod & Staff Preschool Workbooks

Math K Homeschool KIT

Starting Saxon K math



Today for preschool Fluttershy started Saxon K math.  I chose Saxon math for her because grades k-3 use a lot of manipulative which she seems to enjoy.  Each lesson is very short for these early years.  10-15 minutes max.  Each day you use their calendar to talk about the day, month, and year.  As well as color in each day with the a color.  Alternating every other day with two colors.  This helps teach patterns.  Today was very simple.  We introduced the pattern blocks.  We plan to complete a new lesson each Monday-Thursday for as long as she's enjoying the lessons. 


We also started another new thing this week.  Rod & Staff Preschool ABC books.  These simple workbooks introduce coloring, cutting and pasting, writing numbers, shapes, rhyming, identifying sequence, understanding sentence meanings, and making comparisons and associations, and following directions.  These are simple enough for Fluttershy to complete with little instructions from me.

Set of 6 Preschool ABC BooksUpdate:  I see sam books-  She passed off set 2 book 2

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes think that I would like to try Saxon with my younger girls, but the cost sort of scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try lighthouse productions. They have the manipulative's really cheap.

    ReplyDelete