Wednesday, December 14, 2011

10 Days of Christmas: Day 7

1plus1plus1equals1's 10 days of Christmas Day 7
Ornament sorting
  We played by decorating with all the same colored ornament, then we picked different patterns. 
Nativity Patterns
Fluttershy and I took turns starting new patterns and having the other complete it.

These are a few of the other things we did today just for fun.

Hide and seek play dough


I hid red colored elbow noodles in the play dough to create a fine motor skills activity.  My kids always love this activity.


Sticker decorating a Christmas Tree.
Making Letter with play dough


Items in this sensory bin:  
Colored Popsicle sticks
Dried beans
Marbles
Cotton balls
Pom Poms 
Buttons

I provided small water bottles that the girls used to fill up and pour out and a muffin tin to sort their items as they wanted.


Stain glass window ornament
 We made this ornament to hang in the window.  We used a cookie cutter, transparent buttons, and Elmer's glue.  I looks cool with the light showing through.  It turned out cool, but I will use the clear Elmer's glue next time. It will show more like stain class. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your hide and seek playdough. What a great idea! I'm definitely going to try that with my little boy.

    Stopped by from TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ideas! Find you through bloggymom's December hop and am following you now.

    Please stop over and follow me too if you will!!

    http://mommieagainblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com)December 16, 2011 at 3:33 AM

    Love the hide & seek playdough - how clever!! And your button ornament is so cute! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Merry Christmas,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete