Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Teaching Children Joy: Body Part 5

  

 Teaching Children Joy: Body Part 5


 Appreciation for the human body and Sensory stimulation. 



 Teach appreciation of the human body over other bodies.


Its fun to pretend to be other animals, but are animals able to do what we can?  We pretended to be all sorts of animals and talked about we we can do that different animals cannot.











She's a tree.  We both concluded they don't get to do much. 



 They played Elephant, Squirrel, dog, cat, lion.  The picture above was two puppies that took a nap. We talked about what these animals can and can't do and how our human bodies are many more things than most of these animals.  Fluttershy pointed out that we can't fly though.



 Sensory stimulation


We created some fun sensory experience that were really fun.


Popping popcorn without the top on


Have you ever tried this?  If not you should.

Lay out a sheet on the floor and pop popcorn without the top on.  Want to see some delighted kids?  This will do it.  





 Finger painting with pudding














Tasting the pudding.  Yum!


 

6 comments:

  1. That looks like fun. I think I have that same popcorn popper. I so want to do that with the girls. Found you linked up at a WW, if you have a chance I invite you over to Tots and Me to share
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2012/05/wordless-wednesday-may-1-2012-wlinky.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh do you have patience! Great ideas, great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful way to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gena @ Red Tag MamaMay 2, 2012 at 6:12 AM

    How cute! I bet my son would love the popcorn flying about. I am stopping by from Friends-Day blog hop to say hello. I am a new Linky and Twitter follower. Come by and say hi at http://www.redtagmama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I could use them when I do readings of my Animal Sound Mix-up book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina @ The Blessed CouponerMay 2, 2012 at 10:23 PM

    New follower from the blog hop on Ducks 'n a Row.
    Come visit The Blessed Couponer and follow on Facebook and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete