Thursday, May 24, 2012

Straw Painting


 Straw Painting




 For art today we tried paint with straws.  We tried a few different types of paint.  Some were a little too stiff to blow around.  The acrylic paints worked the best.


 Dab a few spots on a thick paper and blow the paint around with a straw.




 Fluttershy's Art



 Rarity's Art


 After a bit we became light headed to continue to blow, so I got a idea.  I wondered what would happen if we used the blow dryer.  Note:  the first time we tried this the paint only moved a tiny bit before it dried.


To get a better effect :

Water down your paint with water.  It will still start to dry rather quick, but you can get some neat effects from the blow dryer.







This art project worked so well, I'm putting it into our file to try again. 

8 comments:

  1. I love it! All with supplies we have. We are going to have to give this a try today. : )
    - Hope
    http://hopefuloneblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! What a great/cute idea! Can't wait to try this with my little ones when they get older! New follower from the MeloMomma blog hop!

    xoxo
    -S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Thanks for sharing with BTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never thought of this... my kids are too big for this now, but I know they would have loved it when they were younger. They used to love finger painting. It was fun but a big mess... but it wouldn't have been fun without getting a little messy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like lots of fun I bet the boys would love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Mind you, mine is still a tad young...I would be afraid she might suck the other way and end up with a mouthful of paint! Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 2 1/2 year old just starting to figure out blowing in a straw. It takes time. When she gets a little bit older you could try making the edible paint (colored sweetened condensed milk) and letting her practice with something that won't hurt her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will include this in the list of activities for my kid to do! He's going to looove this!

    ReplyDelete