Friday, May 4, 2012

Making butter

 Science Experiment:
Making butter

We had some cream that we needed to get used up so I though I'd let the girls make butter.  I asked Fluttershy if she thought we could turn the cream into butter.  Hmmm...she wasn't sure.  

We used a jar with a really tight lid and played some games with it.   
I tried to make it a fun activity by making it into a game.  We rolled it back and forth and each shook it between rolling it to each other, we danced to fun music and shook it ask we danced.
and we tossed it back and forth as well.

And magically it turned into this.....

 Add a pinch of salt and its ready for some fresh made bread.

 I was also featured today at http://pocketchange.become.com/2012/05/best-of-the-web-no-63.html

9 comments:

  1. So cool. We never have leftover cream, but I may hide some to do this (don't tell daddy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Will have to try it with my grands! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! We hope to see you back next week to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Thanks for coming!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try this with the grand kids. I am hosting my 3rd blog hop and would love you to link up your recipe. Have a wonderful day. Diane @ MamalDiane.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. the most adorable butter making pictures ever! love it - thanks for linking with Kids in the Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We rarely have leftover cream too but what a fun way to make butter

    Thanks for linking up to Science Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun!! We did this last year in a class at a farm. This year I saw a recipe to do it with herbs to make herbal butter. We may try it on our own. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to make butter when I taught school. So much fun!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. May @ So Very DomesticMay 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

    Love this! I haven't done this in so long!

    ReplyDelete