Friday, April 27, 2012

Teaching Children Joy: Body Part 4


 Teaching Children Joy: Body Part 4
Enjoying Senses


 "What is it?" Game
We got blind folded and tried to identify smells, taste, and objects.

Taste
 For our taste activity Fluttershy tried to identify:
Sugar
Salt
Grape juice
Peanut butter

She did great with peanut butter and salt, but for some reason she didn't identify sugar and the grape juice.

Touch
 I tried to use objects with interesting textures for our touch part of our activity.

We used:
Sandpaper
Cotton Ball
Elastic
Marble
Popsicle stick
Yarn 
Smooth stone

 Smell
 We tried the above items.  I was surprised that she identified all but cinnamon.  (Which I'm not sure she's smelled before, but I thought it was a nice smell)

Identify sounds

I found a couple of fun sited to have my kiddos try to identify sounds.  The first one was at
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/littlepeople/clubhouse/games.asp?section=animalsounds
http://www.fisher-price.com.

Rarity really got a kick out this game.  She laughed the whole time.


The second game we played we found on
A fun game that has you identify sounds from everyday objects.  

3 comments:

  1. What a great lesson. I teach in home preschool. How fun! Stealing it! New follower from blog hop! Follow back when you can!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas! This would be fun to try with all three of my children and see if any of them have an advantage due to their age.

    Thanks so much for joining Flock Together this week at Mom’s Best Nest !

    ReplyDelete