Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July Sandpaper Art

4th of July sandpaper art



To decorate for the 4th of July we made patriotic colored hearts. To make your own follow these steps.



Sandpaper art


This unique art project is simple enough for a preschooler but neat enough for older kids as well.


All you need is:


Course Sandpaper


Crayons


White paper


Towel


Iron


Step 1:  Cut out a design in your sand paper.  You can use a clip art from the computer as a template.  It doesn’t have to be a complex design.  Some examples would a star, heart, or rainbow. What every your child would like.

 

Step 2:  Let your child color the sandpaper side of the cut out.  Make sure that they really get a lot of color on the sandpaper.

 

Step 3:  Take a large thin towel and lay on your table followed by a white piece of paper.  Next, place the colored sandpaper face down. Place another white piece of paper on top.  Cover with one more towel and iron it for a minute or so.

 

Step 4: Immediately peel off the sand paper to reveal your masterpiece.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really cool! Your girls are so talented! Thanks for linking up :) Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very patriotic. Very clever and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove this idea! I'll have to stick it in my back pocket for when my little bean is a bit older. I fact I'm keeping a lot of your activities in the back of my mind!

    I'm a new follower, hope you'll visit my blog and follow back if you like it! It's full of adorable pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea!

    Happy to find your blog!

    I blog at www.BecauseTheyLovetoLearn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete