Friday, April 20, 2012

Sensory Balloons


 Sensory Balloons





 I was very impressed how well this activity went.  Both girls enjoyed it, but I think Fluttershy was really understanding what the sense of touch was.


I provided 11 balloons that I filled with the objects in the above picture.  I as well put examples of the item int he muffin cups so that she could have a visual of what the items might be.  I think as she gets older i wouldn't need the muffin cups, but as she is only 4 I think they were needed.



 I had each girl pick out a balloon and each.  I really focused on Fluttershy and really included Rarity for the sensory part.  While Rarity was playing with the balloons I had Fluttershy squish and feel her balloon to see of she could figure out what was in her's.  We talked about if it was soft/hard.  After she made her guess, I let her cut open the balloon to see if she was right. Both girls really had fun with the messy part of course.











 When I saw this activity at http://pre-schoolplay.blogspot.com/ I knew this would be a hit for my kids.  Thanks Pre-schoolplay for the inspiration.

8 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea. Very clever. I think my girls would really enjoy trying to figure out what was inside them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I love that you had the same items in the muffin tin. Could be a great matching activity as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did a similar experiment where I blew up the balloons with something inside. Bobo had to listen to the sound it made and compare it to the sound of the objects left out. Did yours ask to do it again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea to make it so you use for a hearing sensory activity. We'll have to try the balloons blown up. They have wanted to try it again. They love the surprise aspect of the game. I've got to get more balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea. I have a preschool. I will have to try this. New follower from MOndays hop! Follow back when you can ;)

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com/

    p.s. Here is a pin it hop! Your idea would be great. I found it today. http://www.mommydigger.com/category/blog-hops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly at Little Wonders' DaysApril 29, 2012 at 3:05 AM

    This looks like a very interesting activity! I think my kids would enjoy this...we'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing at AfterSchool.

    ReplyDelete