Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Marble Art



Playschool Fun

Every week we will be doing lots of fun learning activities. During the week we set
aside 3 days that we formally sit down to do art, coloring, computer play, and misc worksheets that my girls will learn as well as have fun. Each week we have a different theme and try to focus on learning a few new letters, number, personal knowledge, and work on motor skills.

If you click on the link I provide at the end of each week post it will take you to our lessons and give you the link to the worksheets we do that week. I will post
new ones as we do them. We will be starting with week 8 since that is where we are in our lesson progress.




Week 8: Day 1
This weeks theme:
Letters: N, M
Knowledge: Last name
Books: Is your mama a llama, Hop on pop, and Brown bear, brown bear.

Motor skill:
Cutting with scissors. This is a hard one for her. I had her use the smallest scissors I had, but I think I will need to get her some scissors that are meant to help them learn.

Playdough:
I let Rarity play with play dough while her sister worked on
things she isn't old enough to do yet.


Coloring:
Since Halloween is coming soon we made our coloring page today a Halloween theme. I've started hanging their pictures as decorations on some of our w
indows and fridge.

The letter: M
Every week we do one or more new letters activities. I keep our art pictures and will make a book out of them at the end of the year showing off her art work.

Marble art-- For the letter M I printed this worksheet and placed it in a cake pan. I then let Fluttershy dip a marble in pant and tip the pan making the marble roll all around. She really enjoyed this activity. Anything that she gets to use paint she loves.


Letter: N
I printed the numbers 1-10 and cut them out. Then fluttershy got to glue them where she wanted. We counted as she glued them on. Two in one activity.

Pre-writing skills:
I have fluttershy tell me about the shape and
let her have fun tracing the shapes.






Colors:
I used flashcards to review the colors she already know.

Information:

This week Fluttershy is learning what her last name is, how to spell it
and tracing her last name on a worksheet.

Play:
Today Fluttershy chose Candyland as her game we played. Its a simple, yet educational. It helps with her colors, taking turns, and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment