Thursday, October 20, 2011

I am sam


Week 8: Day 3



Started our day with our reading.


I See Sam little books
Here Fluttershy is reviewing her words that she know. I found a series of books called the I See Sam Books. The Sam books have 7 sets of small book and each set has 27 books. Fluttershy just loves show of her reading skills. I have done a lot of searching to find books that I felt were simple enough yet progress at the rate she could handle. The school district here uses them with their after school programs so I gave them a try.

I'm sure we will continue through all 7 sets. Fluttershy is on set one and on book 6. Every night before bed and after her sister has been put to bed, we have our one on one time while she reads me her book.




I found this cute site that has online stories that have good messages. This week we watched Rosa learns about forgiveness. It's a cute story about two friends.




Fluttershy is getting so good at the pre-writing worksheets. Soon we'll be able to move on to writing letters.


Shapes:
For our shape review I use my flashcards and had Fluttershy hand me the appropriate card as I names them.





Block Activity: Block Talk
Activity - Using only 2-3 blocks, the adults forms a block creation. Using directional words (below, on top of, over, etc) describe to the child what the block formation looks like. The child then needs to build the exact same thing.
Increasing the Difficulty - To increase the difficult, add more blocks. Also add colors into the descriptions. Trade roles and have the child do the describing.
We also used right, left, in front, and behind.
To make for some more fun I had Fluttershy give the instructions and I would build it. She love to have the reverse roles when we do games like red light green light, and simon says.
Rarity worked on her stacking abilities with her blocks.
Gross Motor Skills:
Memory obstacle course

This was a hit with both girls. Fluttershy got good at following instructions while Rarity just had fun following her sister.

The instructions for the one we made today was:
  • Jump on the pillow
  • Bunny jump 5 times
  • Crawl through the tunnel
  • Sit on the chair
  • Crawl to the stool
  • Climb over the stool
  • Walk the tight rope

When asked what they wanted to do for free play, Fluttershy requested dress up. Here Rarity is a fairy cat princess. I love the placement of the ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment