Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tot School

Tot school


After much contemplation, I decided to put Fluttershy in a preschool once a week.  Not that she needed it for learning her alphabet, but because I thought she'd enjoy the activities and playing with the other little kids.  I'm glad that I did.  Today was her first day and she really had fun.  There are 9 others in her class and by the look of when I picked her up she had a great time.  She didn't want to leave. 

Her class is 2 1/2 hours which gives Rarity some 1-on-1 time with mommy.  That's time that she gets my undivided attention to play what ever she wants with me.  There are a few fun printables out there designed for this age and I think we'll pick and choose a couple to do every tot school.  Our favorites are http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.net/ and http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/These printable are super simple.  Rarity has been my more hands on child.  She seems to be more into writing that her sister was at that age.  She really enjoys coloring with crayons and markers, scissors, and painting. 

I think this will be a fun time when I can really focus on what she wants to do without being swayed by her preschooler sister.  She really loves her sister and will copy anything and everything she does.  I noticed today, that Rarity when left to play at her pace, spent more time on our light table sensory bin than she usually does.  For tot school I'll try to share just some fun photos of our Rarity's play time with mommy.  Mostly just cute pictures.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment